Episode 3: Change Management & Claims
The team receives a submittal for an H2 compressor that does not fit in the space allowed in the design. Join the PM and engineer as they trace the miscommunication, and assess the impact of re-designing the space around the compressor. Then, see how the team handles a contractor's compensation claim.
In this episode:
- Review submittals and related documents
- Search project communications, including emails from external systems, to trace decisions and see lessons learned from past projects
- Document contractor claims, and assess their impact to cost and schedule
In other episodes of this Capital project management mini-series, we cover:
- Episode 1: "Capital Planning & Requests" join a portfolio management team as they adapt their portfolio to accelerate the replacement of a capital asset, avoiding delay to the rest of the program.
- Episode 2: "Agility in Design-Build Projects" to join a design-build team as they perform a design review ahead of the upcoming execution phase.
- Episode 3: "Change Management & Claims" to join a portfolio management team as they manage a last-minute change and handle contractor claims.
- Episode 4: "Transition to Operations" to join a portfolio management team as they close out the final build items and transition to operations.