Episode 2: Agility in Design-Build Projects
ACME's design-build project team is performing a design review ahead of the upcoming execution phase. Sit in on their stand-up to see how they sign off on deliverables and ensure the plan is up to date.
This episode shows how to:
- Access and validate key documents and deliverables
- Integate continuous feedback from the owner and other parties throughout the design process
- Streamline communication with contractors and other 3rd parties
- Standardize and accelerate planning updates for common activities
- Use 3D modeling to tie schedule and cost to a visual model of your asset
In other episodes of this Capital project management mini-series, we cover:
- Episode 1: "Capital Planning & Requests" join a portfolio management team as they adapt their portfolio to accelerate the replacement of a capital asset, avoiding delay to the rest of the program.
- Episode 2: "Agility in Design-Build Projects" to join a design-build team as they perform a design review ahead of the upcoming execution phase.
- Episode 3: "Change Management & Claims" to join a portfolio management team as they manage a last-minute change and handle contractor claims.
- Episode 4: "Transition to Operations" to join a portfolio management team as they close out the final build items and transition to operations.