Episode 1: Capital Planning & Requests
ACME is all set to begin the hydrogen program, when the state passes new legislation that impacts their hydrogen refueling station. Join the portfolio management team as they adapt their portfolio to accelerate the replacement of the station, avoiding delay to the rest of the program.
In this episode, we'll:
- Use the program roadmap to visualize project timelines and key events
- Import an Excel business case to Planisware in one click
- Build a portfolio that includes priority projects, while respecting budget and other constraints
- Compare portfolio scenarios by cost and key performance indicators, and communicate options to management
- Create and track capital approval requests
- Review approval cycle time statistics across sites
In other episodes of this Capital project management mini-series, we cover:
- Episode 1: "Capital Planning & Requests" join a portfolio management team as they adapt their portfolio to accelerate the replacement of a capital asset, avoiding delay to the rest of the program.
- Episode 2: "Agility in Design-Build Projects" to join a design-build team as they perform a design review ahead of the upcoming execution phase.
- Episode 3: "Change Management & Claims" to join a portfolio management team as they manage a last-minute change and handle contractor claims.
- Episode 4: "Transition to Operations" to join a portfolio management team as they close out the final build items and transition to operations.