When it comes to information and communication on the health of projects and the value they bring to the business, PMOs are on the front line. Their challenges include:
- The dispersal of project data across multiple media
- The disparity of this data, making comparison and arbitration difficult
- The reliability of updates
Once these challenges have been overcome, most of the questioning is still to come:
- How do we know if we're still on target?
- What is the right information to transmit?
- What do decision-makers really need to be able to act?
- What is the right quantity, the right level of information to provide to capture the essential?
- How can you make your project reviews effective?
- What do I need to communicate to project teams to help them?
While decision-makers expect you to be reliable, concise and relevant so that they can make the decisions that drive the business forward, project teams need clarity on next steps and solutions to any difficulties they encounter.
Do you recognize yourself in this pivotal position? Do you feel that these responsibilities are weighing heavily on your shoulders? Come and discover operational solutions in our webinar: How to Deliver Value as PMO. Meet our experts on August 23rd at 1:00pm ET/10am PT.