Planisware™, the leading global provider of Project & Product Portfolio Management solutions, announces the immediate availability of the latest software release, Planisware Version 5.3. The latest release features module enhancements that make it easier for portfolio managers, project managers, and team members to easily build professional reports and dashboards, and then disseminate them quickly.
In this latest version, key improvements were made for the following modular functions:
- Business Intelligence: Planisware Explorer, Planisware’s integrated business intelligence module is the latest addition to Planisware’s reporting suite. Planisware Explorer is integrated within the Planisware system, ready to access Planisware data. This eliminates the need to build data exchange procedures - dramatically reducing the timeline traditionally required for implementation. Shaped by customer feedback, Planisware Explorer was designed with a focus on user friendliness and simplicity. Report administrators can pre-build, and publish reports with as much structure or flexibility as best fits the organization’s users. The tool’s interface, similar to those of traditional BI tools - now with increased drag-and-drop capabilities - lends itself to be used intuitively by all types of users within the system.
- Roadmapping: The power of the Roadmapping functionality in Planisware comes from the ability to visually communicate strategy, intent, and progress clearly and easily to and from management, across work streams, up and down the value chain, etc. A versatile communication tool, the Roadmapping module can be used for a variety of objectives, for example: to organize portfolios linking the various initiatives to the corporate strategy, to highlight inter-relationships between projects within a program, to present a project diagram without the overhead of the data structure. New improvements enable users to build roadmaps in the system as easily as they would, using traditional slideware. Because the roadmap layout optimizes the amount of data displayed in a report, they can be easily used as a report in a slide deck.
- P&L and Excel Live: An enhanced Profit and Loss module enables faster, more flexible options in configuring the P&L. When used in conjunction with Excel Live, the capability to maintain a live data feed between Planisware and Microsoft Excel, users have the flexibility to run their personal scenario modeling schemes outside of the system, and then drag and drop, or upload the results back into Planisware.
This release extends the definition of traditional portfolio management in PPM. The new analytic capabilities put the power directly in the hands of the end user to find answers to the questions they are looking for, while the roadmapping tool brings transparency and expediency in communication within an organization to a new level,” says Pierre Demonsant, CEO and founder of Planisware. “Our users need a system they can actively engage in, and come out quickly with the output and the insight that will help them with their business. The newest improvements do just that.
Planisware 5.3 also features a number of user interface enhancements to further improve ease of use, including:
- new web-based administration options, like flexible labeling
- ability to employ different timescale zones within the same Gantt chart, to focus on particular time spans within a larger time period
- additional drag-and-drop capabilities in more screens, e.g. in named resource scheduling
- multi-tab Microsoft Excel exports
- additional standardized interfaces with content management systems - e.g., WebDav, Alfresco and Documentum (in addition to the standardized Microsoft SharePoint interface that was available before)
For more information about Planisware, please visit www.planisware.com or call 1-888-752-6479.
Planisware is the leading global provider of world-class Product and Project Portfolio Management solutions. Planisware’s acclaimed configurability accommodates the company’s global customers across a variety of industries and empowers users to align the solution with key business programs and portfolio management processes. In addition to a 99% customer retention rate, Planisware has been recognized as an industry leader by several esteemed analysts and has achieved Stage-Gate Ready© and SAP® integration certifications. To learn more about Planisware, please visit www.planisware.com or call 888-752-6479.
Press Contact: Theresa Hwang 415-591-0941, ext. 17 email@example.com